Featured Image

Replacing desktop PCs with a desktop

With the upcoming release of Windows 10, Microsoft’s newest operating system is expected to become the new standard for corporate and organizational computing. Windows 10 is being built to accommodate all the business users who reluctantly stayed on Windows 7 after the end of support for XP, despite the availability of the 8 and 8.1 versions.

Research shows that Windows 8 and 8.1 only gained a 15% market share, leaving 85% of PCs worldwide still running Windows versions XP, Vista, and 7. While home consumers will be able to easily upgrade to Windows 10 at an affordable cost later this year, professional organizations will need to refresh their aging PC infrastructure, in addition to their operating systems. This event will likely mark the largest upgrade project since the launch of the first PC.

IT pros are not replacing desktops with laptops.

Some 45 percent of IT professionals plan to replace a desktop with a desktop, while only 12 percent plan to replace a desktop with a laptop.

Whether it’s a home business owner managing a single PC, or an organization running 100 PCs, the business opportunity as a service provider and reseller is available.

A corporate migration will push resources and budgets beyond their limits, unless deployment processes are redefined.

While PC deployments have been a top consideration for many IT departments, there are few standard processes in place to make it an effective procedure while maintaining workplace productivity. Despite advances in software and technology, it remains true that few solutions are known of in the industry that can successfully migrate applications, data, and settings to a new PC.

At Laplink we offer PCmover Professional and Business editions to make the migration process effective and cost-efficient for IT service providers and software resellers in this market. PCmover is an OS-independent transfer tool that allows users to migrate from Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 to Windows 10. PCmover transfers all selected applications, data, and settings to a new PC, including user accounts, applications’ environments, applications’ add-ons, background pictures, favorites, and more.

PCmover Professional and Business support all migration scenarios.

Back to Blog

Add Comment

Related Articles

Windows 10 is for desktop and mobile users

With the release of Windows 10 now available, users who have downloaded the technical preview...

Sync all your mobile and desktop devices

In a day and age where it’s very common to have multiple devices–a smartphone, a tablet, a laptop,...

PCmover Enterprise saved a state department $300 per PC deployed