ThinkVantage® Access Connections™ is a clever tool built on Lenovo® technology that makes staying connected to WiFi easy. Not only do you have the well-designed wizard (shown above) that shows you the proximity of Wireless networks so you can select the most powerful, it also provides you a host of options that keep you connected even while moving around. Some of what Access Connection does is:
- Automatically manages your basic network connections, even if you use static and dynamic IP addresses in different locations
- Manages your printing by automatically reassigning the Microsoft Windows default printer to match your location, so you can quickly get your printout on your preferred printer.
- Automatically adjusts your network configuration to match the IT needs of each location. For example:
- At what locations do you need to use a Virtual Private Network, or any other application?
- When do you need File and Printer Sharing, Internet Sharing and Internet Connection Firewall enabled or disabled?
- Do you need a proxy server for browsing, or do you need to change your Internet Explorer homepage
Pretty sweet right? Especially handy for remaining as mobile as possible without skipping a beat. Read more about Lenovo’s ThinkVantage Access Connections here: http://www.pc.ibm.com/us/think/thinkvantagetech/accessconnections.html
How much would it help you to stay this mobile??