Windows XP end-of-life is just around the corner, and recent extensions for Microsoft’s antimalware software has users confused. However, extended virus warning doesn’t mean that Windows XP will be safe after the April 8th deadline.
We at Laplink are encouraging all users to move from Windows XP as soon as is practical. For many business users, that means upgrading existing PCs from XP to Windows 7. Luckily, our PCmover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant is the perfect tool to do this, and Laplink will be offering is for free for one day only on February 4.
According to a recent study by Trustworthy Computing, Windows XP systems have a malware infection rate six times higher than Windows 8. And AV-Test, who is in the business of testing security solutions, warns that continuing to use Windows XP after April 8 is a major security risk, especially as time goes on.
“Once these [Windows XP] updates are stopped, the system is sure to develop more holes than a good Swiss cheese over time, as programmers start to produce special exploits for Windows XP vulnerabilities,” AV-Test said in their blog.
PCmover helps users get off of Windows XP, whether that’s by migrating to a new PC or by performing and in-place upgrade on an existing PC. PCmover is the only tool of its kind; it’s the only software that supports an in-place upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7, supports migrating from an old Windows XP computer to a new Windows 8.1 PC, migrates everything you select – files, settings, and even applications, and is the only solution with 24/7 Free Transfer Assistance, giving you free access to a certified migration technician to walk through the entire migration process.
PCmover comes in several editions for any need, including:
- Windows 7 or 8 Upgrade Assistant: The easiest way to perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8. PCmover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant at no cost for one day only!
- Image & Drive Assistant: The only way to restore an old image or hard drive to a new PC.
- PCmover Home: The best software for users who want basic functionality in a low-cost solution for migrating from their old home PC to a new PC.
- PCmover Professional: Laplink’s most popular version of PCmover that performs migrations to a new PC, in-place upgrades, restores an old image to the new operating system, and rescues hard drive contents from a non-working PC.
- PCmover Enterprise: The only migration tool that allows IT professionals to manage migrations, even for unmanaged PCs.
See which version is right for you here.