There has been much discussion about PCmover Image Assistant™ and what it is capable of doing and how it differs from other PCmover products such as PCmover Professional™. The fact of the matter is that PCmover Image Assistant solves a gap in the imaging technology currently available on the market today. To help clarify, we will explain the two scenarios that the software is best used for below.
- Your computer crashes, but the hard drive still functions. Use PCmover Image Assistant to restore all or some of theprograms, files and settings from that hard drive to a new PC even if the new PC is running a different version of Windows®. For example, the old PC might have been running XP and the new PC has Windows 7. Nothing on the new PC will be overwritten and all your applications are transferred and installed ready-to-use. No need to reinstall and no need to find old serial numbers. The only caveat here is that the old hard drive must be accessible on the new PC and PCmover Image Assistant will do the rest.
- You have a PC running an older version of Windows that is stolen or fatally damaged (e.g., won’t boot and can’t be repaired) but you kept an image (copy) of it. Most likely you will need to restore that image to a new PC that is running Windows 7. If you use your imaging software to restore that old image, it will overwrite everything on your new PC including Windows 7! That’s where PCmover Image Assistant comes in. Simply mount the image as a virtual drive and use PCmover Image Assistant to restore your old image to your new PC. You won’t overwrite anything on the new PC and everything will be right where you like it.. Only PCmover Image Assistant has this ‘Operating System Independent Restore’ functionality.
So if your PC decides to turn against you or if you drop it while moving, you can use PCmover Image Assistant to quickly restore what is on the old hard drive or image and you won’t miss a beat. If you don’t currently use imaging software, try out Laplink DiskImage.
- Professional bundles all of the PCmover functionality into one. With it you can move from one PC to another, upgrade an existing PC to Windows 7 and it even includes Image Assistant functionality, so you get more bang for your buck.
- Home has all of the same options as Professional but it moves or restores ALL of the programs, files and settings to the new PC.
- Netbook Edition also has all of the same options Professional but requires that the target PC be a Netbook.
- If you are ONLY upgrading your existing PC to Windows 7, use PCmover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant™. It was designed specifically with this process in mind, and leaves out the other options that PCmover offers.
We hope this helps clarify some of the cloudiness around the different versions of PCmover. Now is the perfect time to get PCmover Image Assistant and Laplink DiskImage, we are offering them in a bundle for $59.95 ($80 value). Head here to find out more and get your copy of the software today!